General dentistry cannot be fully isolated from emergency dental treatments and procedures. It is with methods of regular textbook dentistry that emergency dental problems are taken care of. Sometimes regular clinics in Toronto have emergency wings while in other cases, a dedicated emergency dental clinic at Toronto is set up for emergency dental conditions only. Whichever it is, the service list is pretty much overlapping. In the emergency section of a dental clinic or one that is an emergency-only clinic, following procedures are carried out for conditions that require immediate attention and care.
· Dental Examination: Anybody who comes in with a dental problem are passed through a regular examination.
· X-rays: X-rays are done in cases of injuries and pain from inside the gum.
· Common and Surgical Extractions: Tooth extraction is done for painful wisdom teeth and injured tooth.
· Root Canal: This is an elaborate procedure that may require some preparation before and supervision after. It is one of the most complicated of dental procedures and the patients may have to return to the clinic a couple of times during the length of a week for some examinations and aftercare.
· Crown and Bridge Treatment: Both crowns and bridges are implanted in these clinics. Though they are not exactly emergent in nature, they are still included in the list.
· Cavity Filling: Inlays, on-lays and metal fillings are used to fill up holes in the teeth.
Other services on the list include periodontal scaling, denture fitting and Repairs, broken tooth repair and treatment of abscesses and inflamed gums.